This course is produced by Barachel Nursery and Primary School, Lagos, Nigeria; as part of the activities of the Tech-Relevant Teacher (TRT) Project, an Initiative of Bunmi Adedayo Foundation, sponsored by the Coca-Cola Foundation for Nigerian pupils in basic six, preparing for the Common Entrance Examination.
In this short course, you will learn the following:
1. Meaning and types of comprehension passages in English,
2. Read a comprehension passage and also be read to,
3. How to identify and use Figures of speech in passages,
4. How to draw synonyms based on context , (the way it was used in a passage),
5. How to find and identify contextual synonyms in a comprehension passage,
6. How to act a drama or a playlet based on your own discretion.
DO HAVE A WONDERFUL RIDE AS WE JOURNEY TOGETHER IN THIS CLASS
- Lectures 7
- Quizzes 5
- Duration 3 hours
- Students 1
- Certificate No
- Assessments Yes
LESSON 1: INTRODUCTION TO COMPREHENSION
Your ability to understand something or your actual understanding of something ,either as a text, sentence or statement is called comprehension. When you understand something, we say do you comprehend meaning ,do you understand .Comprehension could be in prose or poetry form.
LESSON 2: READING A COMPREHENSION PASSAGE
In this passage you are going to be reading a passage and also be read to, this bring to play an unknown question , answers that are unseen before you read the passage as well as the unknown content,, enjoy as you find out this and more
LESSON 3: FIGURES OF SPEECH
Figures of speech are the" salt and maggi " that add taste and colour to our writing and speech.
LESSON 4 : CONTEXTUAL SYNONYMS
Synonyms are words that are similar in meaning
LESSON 5 : ROLE PLAY " THE STRANGER IN THE ROOM "
You are expected to act a short playlet or dramatize the passage read "A STRANGER IN THE ROOM "
Answer the following questions from the lesson so far.